I can hear some of you asking for the ‘food and travel’ post as I promised….I had no time to prepare for a lengthy post today so here am leaving you with this simple sundal. But sure to post it by next weekend 🙂
Green Gram Sundal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Green Gram – 1 cup
Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Hing – a generous pinch
Red Chillies – 1
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 1 tsp
- Soak green gram overnight or atleast for 8 hours. Pressure cook green gram for 3-4 whistles or until soft, Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal let it splutter then add curry leaves and red chillies saute for a minute. Then add cooked green gram.
- Add required salt , then coconut, give a quick stir….saute for 2mins till all is combined and switch it off.
If you want the sweet version add powdered jaggery while adding the green gram itself. Serve hot / warm.
- I always add little cooked water and let it evaporate so that the sundal is a bit moist and not too dry.
- You can add a tsp of jaggery and make it as sweet sundal too.
- Adjust coconut according to your preference.