Ribbon Pakoda Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack| Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
For the marinade:
Rice Flour(Idiyappam flour) – 1 cup
Besan Flour (Kadalaimaavu)- 1/2 cup
Split gram dal (Pottukadalai) – 3 tbsp
Butter – 1.5 tbsp
Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Sesame seeds – 3/4 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – to deep fry
- Grind gram dal to a fine powder, sieve it once. In a mixing bowl – add rice flour, besan flour, gram dal powder, sesame seeds, butter, red chillies, garlic paste and required salt.
- Add water little by little to form a soft stiff dough. Grease the press with oil then fill it up with the batter till 3/4th and keep it ready.Meanwhile heat oil.
- Press the dough starting from the edge to the center in a circular motion in the preheated. Do not add more layers to ensure even cooking.Turn over to other side when the bubbles ceases and cook again till bubbles ceases(shh sound reduces). Drain it tissue paper, cool down completely and then store it in an airtight container.Repeat the same for the prepared remaining dough too.
You can keep this for a week and enjoy this as a tea time snack!
- If you like pepper you can add 1/4 tsp freshly ground but make sure its fine enough to get through the press.
- Also grind garlic to a very fine paste. You can even grind redchillies with garlic and skip red chilli powder.