Poori Masala is my fav since childhood days and I remember ordering it everytime we visit hotel Annaporna and now mittu takes after me 🙂 Poori Masala is loved by all ages starting from kids to elders….This potato masala can used as stuffing for masala dosa too or can be accompanied with poori,chapathi etc.
Today lets learn how to make poori masala recipe….
Potato Masala Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main / Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Potato – 5(3 small and 2 big)
Onion -1 medium sized chopped finely
Tomato – 1 small chopped roughly
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal / Channa Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece
Green chillies – 1 chopped roughly
- Pressure cook potatoes with water until soft. Cool it, peel off the skin and mash it up roughly. Keep aside.Take little and mash it up well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal allow it to crackle then add curry leaves,ginger and green chillies fry for a minute. Then add onion saute till slightly browned.Then add tomato and saute till tomatoes raw smell leaves.
- Add mashed potatoes along with turmeric powder.Mix well.
- Add 1 cup water, required salt and allow it to boil..
- Whil cooking,mash with the laddle.Allow it to get nicely blended when it all comes together as a mass to a semi thick consistency,switch off.
Your potato masala is ready now. You can pair with pooris or use the masal for masala dosai.
- If you prefer you can add a tsp of gram flour to make the masal thick.
- You can also add a tsp of finely chopped ginger while tempering. It not only enhances the flavour it also helps for digestion and gastric issues.
- You can skip tomato and add veggies like peas, carrot etc.
- Adjust water quantity according to the thickness of the curry.