Masala Chapathi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a small pinch
Curd – 2 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Kasoori Methi – 1 tsp
Chat Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – a tiny pinch
Salt – to taste
Water – as required
Oil / Ghee – 2 tsp for the dough + to toast
- Combine all the ingredients except water and oil in a bowl, mix well then add water little by little to gather together.Once it forms a mass, add the oil and knead for 5mins to form a soft pilable dough.Rest the dough for atleast 30mins.
- Divide them into equal lemon sized balls and slightly flatten them.Dust flour and roll them into thin chapathis.
- Heat a dosa pan, add the chapathi, drizzle oil and cook on both sides until golden brown spots appear here and there.Toast it with oil / ghee.
Note : The color difference is due to the lighting in the kitchen. The actual color is the ones shown in the main pics…just incase if you are wondering about the color difference 🙂
- You can use roasted cumin seeds powder instead of cumin seeds.
- Reg the spice measures, you can experiment them according to your taste.
- I added kashmiri chilli powder so it gave a good orangeish red color to the chapathi
- The chapathi is very soft and flavourful that you dont even need any side dish for it.