I was searching for easy recipes to try for this Gokulashtami / Janmashtami 2016 and this caught my eye so tried it today.This is a very easy recipe, gopalkala is nothing but dahi poha / curd poha with temperings and cucumber, very quick to make even in the last minute.So today here is the post for Easy Janmashtami Special Recipe – Gopalkala 🙂
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Poha(Aval) – 1/2 cup
Thick Curd – 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
Cucumber – 3 tbsp chopped
Sugar – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Ghee – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 1 finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
Jeera – 1 tsp
- Take poha in a mixing bowl, add water rinse it well then strain water.
- By now the poha must have become soft,sprinkle little water and set aside(this is to avoid drying up).Heat ghee in a tadka pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Then add this to the mixing bowl.
- Now add coconut,cucumber,salt and sugar.
- Finally add curd, mix well.Add little more curd if needed to adjust the consistency.
Serve immediately with chopped cucumber.
- My curd was very thick so I added little water.